Thursday 16 December 2010

Mera Naam..

People called me Suhaila, Su, Ila, Sheila, Nor, Suhail, Suheyla..


Whatever they are, they are referring to the same people. I have once got into the name of Suhail ibn Amr, a  companion of the prophet saw. Before he was the Quraisy leader that negotiated with Rasulullah saw for the Treaty of Hudaibiyah.


Feel touch with his story. From a rebel, to a companion. 


"Those who announced their Islam on the Day of the Conquest of Makkah were designated with the name "At-Tulaqaa"' or those who were transferred by the forgiveness of the Prophet from polytheism to Islam when he said to them, "Go, you are free." Consequently, some persons from among those Tulaqaa'(or those who were liberated) were raised by their sincerity to a far distant horizon of sacrifice, worship, and purity which placed them in the first rank of the Prophet's righteous and devoted Companions. 
Among these was Suhail Ibn `Amr."


***
I haven't come across with any story about Suhaila in the prophet's time, or even in the Islam Empire after that, until..


"Your name is Suhaila? Oo.. It's the name about Suhayla Farooq. I can't remember the story but I knew, there is a story about Suhayla."


My new Saudi friend studying in Cambridge so excited to know my name. We've met while I'm the only Malaysian attending the FOSIS Conference, a national event which gathered all leaders of Islamic Society in UK. I'm not, though.


A few days later, she gave me this wonderful videoA beautiful love story from the time of the Umar Abdul Aziz caliphate, by Brother Jalal Ibn Saeed.


The same video as this, just that the one I embedded has a lovely background music. 



Sesungguhnya solatku, ibadahku, hidupku,dan matiku hanya semata-mata bagi Allah, Tuhan semesta alam. 


Nur Suhaila Zulkifli 
Nottingham.

No comments:

Pelepasan Cukai 2018

Tahun 2018 bakal berakhir. Tinggal berapa hari sahaja lagi nak buat apa-apa bayaran yang boleh kurangkan cukai. Jadi di sini, saya nak kon...